How to enable Google Pay and Apple Pay in the Express Checkout section?
The Express Checkout section
Fluid Checkout will display a new section for fast checkout when payment gateways support one or more of the Express Checkout payment methods.
The express checkout methods usually include Google Pay, Apple Pay and other Browser Payment Request methods.
Example of the Express Checkout section at the checkout page, showing the Google Pay payment button.
Supported payment gateways and plugins
Currently, the Express Checkout section is only supported when using the plugins:
- WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway - By WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Amazon Pay - by WooCommerce
How to enable Google Pay and Apple Pay and the Express Checkout feature
You'll need to enable the Google Pay and Apple Pay methods in the payment gateway settings, and the Express Checkout feature needs to be enabled on Fluid Checkout settings.
- Go to WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
- Click the "Stripe – Credit Card (Stripe)" link on the payment gateways list to open the Stripe settings.
- On the Stripe settings, mark the option "Payment Request Buttons > Enable Payment Request Buttons. (Apple Pay/Google Pay)". Please note that Google Pay and Apple Pay options need to be enabled on your Stripe Dashboard settings for the Express Checkout feature to work on your website.
- Go to WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Fluid Checkout.
- Check the option "Express checkout > Enable the express checkout section at checkout".
Customizing existing checkout field and adding custom checkout fields
Adding custom checkout fields Custom checkout fields can be added or changed on Fluid Checkout in the same way as for the original WooCommerce checkout. There are two main ways you make changes to the checkout fields on your WooCommerce checkout ...
How to customize WooCommerce or Fluid Checkout template files
Because too many plugins and themes have their own versions of the WooCommerce template files Fluid Checkout also uses, we needed to force our template files to be used to have better compatibility with the greatest number of plugins and themes. In ...
Compatibility with Plugin Organizer
The layout issues are caused by the lack of the changes applied by Fluid Checkout on the WooCommerce AJAX calls that generate the HTML for the order review. The scripts and styles are being loaded, but the HTML is different than expected to apply the ...
How to change the icon or icon color for the cart button on mobile
Fluid Checkout only provides one icon for the cart button. However, it is possible to change the icon for the cart button to match what is used for the website's theme or any other icon. There are a few ways to do it, which one to use will depend on ...
How to fix the order summary and progress bar being cut off by the site's header
Order summary and progress bar is being cut off by the header Usually the site's header will only cut off the order summary and progress bar when the original theme's header is being used, by default Fluid Checkout will replace the theme's header ...